Elements Series - Bringing the elements together

(Creator Credit - Jo Endean) 

 

Hi Guys,

As promised, I am doing a round-up post on the elements series that we have been doing.

I know that I have barely scratched the surface when it comes to working with the elements - I haven't even started on working with ELEMENTALS, but that will be a whole other post, or maybe a couple of posts!

The beautiful element representations that we were gifted above were made by my very talented best fried Jo, who also painted the pictures seen in the standing stones post from the Earth week. These figures are designed to be hung, but could just as easily be placed on our altar.

I admit, I drew myself a 'cheat sheet' for the elements, as I could never remember which ones went where! 

Here it is below:


I don't know why it is that I struggle with this, but I figure that I can't be the only one, so I hope that this helps you too.

If you intend to lay out your altar according to the element/cardinal points laid out above, you will first need a compass, purely to find out where North is. There are many apps on phones and tablets that do this for you too, but I have an actual compass. It has come in handy on many an occasion.

As suggested in the previous posts on the elements, there are many things that you can use to represent said elements, as covered in our previous posts:


There are various layouts that can be used, the one above is the one that I use, which has spirit at its centre. Spirit is often said to encompass everything: as above, so below; as within, so without. 

Another layout you could try is that of a pentagram, placing Spirit at the top, Air on the left arm, Water on the right, Earth is bottom left, and Fire is bottom right, as shown below.

(Photo Credit: https://www.clipartkey.com/view/iRJbbxh_pentacle-clipart-wiccan-pentagram-with-elements/)

To represent Spirit, shape-wise, either the circle, a wheel or a Merkabah can be used.


A Merkabah is an eight-pointed star, and recognised as one of the Sacred geometric shapes. I will do a post on those at some point soon.

Sometimes, I have been known to use a crystal carved into an angel shape in the centre to represent Spirit. We have three here, one in Sodalite, one in Selenite and one in Angelite. I use this layout more often in crystal grids, though. 

Some of us used to belong to a pagan moot, who occasionally met and performed rituals. Before each ritual, the corners/elements were called, and at the end of each were thanked. I will do a post on this at some point, too. 

It is recommended that you do the same before a spellcasting.

As with most magickal workings, it is finding what works best for you. 

Let us know in the comments below what you use.

Kerenza x


Shop

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emporiblog - November Full Moon + Total Lunar Eclipse 2022

Emporiblog - Egg Cleanse

Emporiblog - Water Wards